Friday, April 15, 2011

Singing with James Taylor was Truly Amazing!

Our concert at Carnegie Hall two nights ago was absolutely amazing. Of course it was so much fun performing with my friends from Cantare and Young Men - but what was truly amazing was singing with James Taylor, Sting and Steve Martin! I grew up listening to James Taylor in the backseat of the my car, and "Shower the People" and "You've Got a Friend" were always my favorites. Meeting James Taylor and listening to him talk about how he got to where is is now was so inspirational and amazing. The performance was so much fun. Performing a Carnegie Hall at age thirteen is rare. The acoustics there are incredible and the feeling of knowing how many other great artists have performed there is amazing. Being a part of YPC gives me these great and rare experiences. I ♥ YPC!!

-Lucy, Cantare

No comments:

Post a Comment